Thursday, May 19, 2011

Photo Journey of Haiti

I typed up a very long blog about the details of my time in Haiti. However, I cannot bring myself to share it yet. This was a very special trip for me. It was my first time in a third world country, so it was hard on me. It was an emotional experience. A lot of people have asked me how it was, and I have had a hard time putting it into words. Words cannot describe what I experienced there. So, I am sorry that I cannot write in detail about my trip yet. Maybe one day I will publish it on here. But, right now I feel like my words that I have written have not even come close to my true experience. Here are some pictures from the trip. I just added a few of my favorite shots. Maybe I can add a few pictures each day and write about them. Maybe that will help describe my trip a little better.
This is Pastor Burnex's baby girl. He is the Pastor of the church in Moulin. Moulin was several miles away up in the mountains. We went there for clinic one day. It was about an hour-hour 1/2 drive there. This region of the country had a lot of voodoo, so it was a pretty dark place. This was taken on Easter Sunday at Pastor Crisbon's house. They had a huge Easter service at the church, and had a baby dedication. This sweet little girl was a part of the dedication! It was so neat to experience. We found out that the only way for the people of Haiti to receive a passport is to go through a dedication. This is because there is no birth certificate or anything.
This is the license plate on one of the trucks.







No comments:

Post a Comment