Tuesday, April 19, 2011

THE bottle tree.

So Keeli, Katie Marie & I decided we wanted to make a bottle tree. My parents have had one on our farm as long as I can remember. They are supposed to bring good luck to your family. There is an unusual amount of glass bottles in the woods of our farms. We have went bottle hunting a couple of times to find bottles. The first time we ran up on a snake! I jumped up on top of the gator, and Katie Marie started poking it with a stick. Thank goodness she is so brave. If it was up to me, I would probably still be shaking on top of the gator! We found some really awesome bottles. I guess the previous owners would just throw out everything that they didn't want. We found whiskey bottles, and other type of old alcohol bottles, Clorox bottles, Ammonia bottles, various soft drink bottles, and many other awesome ones! We were just going to put the bottles on the tree as they were, but we decided they would be neat to paint. So we got bright spray paint colors and painted several of them. We didn't paint the ones that were already colored. Here are some pictures of how it turned out! We put it right on the fence corner, so it is right on the edge of our properties. We also plan to plant flowers around it! It is so neat!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment