Monday, June 6, 2011

a little bit stronger.

I have been going through a good bit of change lately. I have made a lot of realizations. I have realized that we go through many seasons in life, and things are continuously changing. Things will never stay the same forever. I get used to the way life is, and then it changes. 
I have a good feeling about this summer though. Since I have decided to have a new outlook on life, things have gotten a lot better. My new plan for life is to just be happy. As I said in my previous post, I am embracing what God has given me at this moment. God has placed me here for a reason. At one point I was complaining about how I was stuck at home when I should be living away somewhere. But, the reality is, I am so incredibly lucky to be living here. I have two wonderful jobs right now. I am lifeguarding and teaching swim lessons at the Aquatic Center, and I am lifeguarding at Camp Twin Lakes. Both of these places are so wonderful. I am very blessed. I am also so lucky to get to work with the youth group at the church. I have so much fun doing that, and it is really good for me. This summer is going to be wonderful. In a little over a week I will be on my way to Savannah to be in one of my best friend's weddings. I am so excited to be standing there next to her on her special day. They are so in love and I am extremely happy for them. After the wedding, my brother's family is coming up to my house for Lily's birthday. Then, we leave on Sunday for Passport. Passport is the summer camp for the youth group. I am super excited to experience this with them. Not long after we get back from Passport, we have the Sunflower festival. My summer is filled with so much good stuff. Most of my money from the summer is going towards my trip to Europe in December. 
I know this sounds weird, but, I feel like I am finally living again. I think I went through this time in life where I was kind of depressed about a lot of things. I finally realized that you can't go through life upset about every little thing that goes wrong. Because when you look at it, we are incredibly lucky people. Maybe I changed my outlook on life after I got back from Haiti. I am not really sure. I really do miss Haiti though. Everyone there was so thankful for everything. I get tired of hearing people complain. It really, really bothers me. People that have everything in the world are complaining about needing more stuff. It is a bit ridiculous. 
Anyways, I am super excited about my life. I have so many things that I want to do. My options are wide open for the future. I know that I could do amazing things. God has given me the opportunity to go to nursing school, so I can't wait to use my skills to help people.
I had a discussion the other night with a friend.. about relationships. I spent so many years trying to invest my time in guys and trying to make relationships work. But, I am finally so content with where I am and being by myself. I am 21 and I have the world in my hands. I can do whatever I want! I have so many things that I would love to do in life. Sure, I want to find the perfect guy to spend my life with. But, I want to find someone who wants the things that I want. I am not going to just settle for someone because I don't want to be alone. What a sad life that would be. I am going to live life and do the things that I want, and eventually someone will come along and fit into the picture perfectly. You have to do the things that you love to do. If you try to just date anyone, it will never turn out good. If you do the things that you love to do, you will meet someone who loves the same things. How perfect. If you look at the dating world that way, it makes perfect sense. I just see so many people giving up there dreams. And, at such a young age! Everyone that I have talked to tells me that right now is the time for me to do all of the things that I have wanted to do. Because once you get married and have kids, it is really hard to fit in extra trips. So, that is what I am trying to do. 
Anyways, I know this blog was very random. But, it was just a few of my recent thoughts thrown together. I hope to start blogging a little more often. I am just so busy with work and school and life... 
Until then--

No comments:

Post a Comment