Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Forever could never be long enough with you.


So I am in love with Train's song 'Marry Me'. I know it has been out for a while, but I have never really paid attention to it. I guess since everyone I know is getting married & valentine's day coming up, I have realized how it would be nice to have someone. I have dated some really great guys (& some really terrible ones too), but it just has never felt right with them for some reason. I have dated so many guys and none of them have worked out, so I guess I have been a little down in the dumps thinking about it. I see people getting married so young, but thank goodness I have not married anyone yet. Not that they weren't good guys. They are good guys. I have just changed so much in the past few years. But, people are supposed to change. It is normal. I think that happens a lot in relationships and that is why they sometimes do not work out. I have learned a lot about relationships in the past few years. I have realized what I do not want in a husband. And now I am just trying to figure out everything that I do want in one. I am also finding out exactly who I am, so when I do find that special man, I can just be happy being myself. Yes, sometimes it is not fun being single (such as on valentine's day). For years I have dwelt on the fact that I was single and I have tried so hard to find someone. It is not worth worrying about. In the past 6 months I have realized that a relationship is supposed to be more than just dating someone because they are cute. You have to have a real connection & you have to better each other. So, I have stopped worrying about finding a guy. I am living my own life and squeezing every bit of life out it that I can. I know that God will send him my way one day. I know God has a beautiful life ahead of me, and he has a perfect partner for me. 
It is not like I have a ton of guys asking me to go on dates or anything. Living in a small town limits your options. But, I am actually glad that I live in a place like that right now. I am learning so much about myself. But, I am going to be very selective of who I date from now on. I will get to know guys, but if I do not know 100% that I want to be with this person forever, I am not going to 'date' him. I am going to start getting to know guys extremely well before we even talk about dating. My problem in the past has been jumping into relationships without really knowing the person. So, I am going to solve that problem. This way, I will find someone that fits me. Someone that I can spend the rest of my life with. 
I am not in a rush to find anyone, I am letting God work at His pace. God has huge plans for me, so I am going to try and do everything He tells me to do. If I follow God's plans, everything will become perfect with time. It is so easy to just date someone because you do not want to be alone, or you like having someone to take you out. But if you do not truly like the person, all it does is add clutter to your life. And, that is just the honest truth. It is tough to hear your grandma tell people 'sarah is never going to get married or have kids'. I could not believe that I heard this from her. I was like 'hello, I am right here.. I can hear you'. I guess it is a small town thing. It is like a rule that you have to settle down young. I do not really understand it. You do not know who you really are at such a young age. You change so much. But, it's all good. I am not cutting down small town values or anything. I just do not like living my life the 'way you are suppose to' according to other people. 
Hearing Train's song 'Marry Me' makes me so excited to find the person that God has for me. The lyrics are:
"Forever can never be long enough for me
Feel like I've had long enough with you
Forget the world now, we won't let them see
But there's one thing left to do

Now that the weight has lifted
Love has surely shifted my way

Marry me today and every day
Marry me if I ever get the nerve to say hello in this cafe
Say you will, say you will

Together can never be close enough for me
Feel like I am close enough to you
You wear white and I'll wear out the words I love you
And you're beautiful

Now that the wait is over
And love and has finally shown her my way

Marry me today and every day
Marry me if I ever get the nerve to say hello in this cafe
Say you will, say you will

Promise me you'll always be happy by my side
I promise to sing to you when all the music dies"
How beautiful are those lyrics? "Forever could never be long enough with you". When I find someone, I want to feel that way. I want to never part them. I want to be with them forever. Forever is a long time if you really think about it. But, I want to want to be with this person. I have dated guys before where I would make other plans so I did not have to see them certain weekends. That is terrible to admit, but it is true. When I find the perfect guy I will know because I will want to be with him. I won't get tired of him. He will keep me surprised and life will never get boring. I have asked God to give me peace in this subject in my life. I have asked Him to calm me and let me not worry. I feel so at peace right now, & I know that God has something great planned. 
I guess the reason I am writing about love is because Valentine's day is coming up. I cannot wait for valentine's day. It is a day for love. I love Love! So it will be a day to show everyone that I love them. It is a beautiful day. 
Here are some pictures from a night photo adventure from this past weekend!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment