Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Bows for Haiti

As you know, my friend Deanna and I are working on the 'Bows for Haiti' project. It has been so exciting. I love making the bows. They are so fun to design. The only hard part is sewing the hair pin on the back, it is just tedious. The project is going great so far. I am not sure the exact number of bows that we have made at the moment, but we have a good many made! As of today, I have 24 days before I leave on my trip. My goal is to make 10 items a day until I leave. I really have no clue how many people I will come in contact with on this trip, so I want to have enough. Even if I make too many, that will be fine. I just don't want to run out! The bows project also has branched into something new. I am also making bracelets out of wooden beads and fabric. They are super cute. I wanted to make something for the older girls and women if they didn't want a hair bow. I think they will like them a lot. I think I will have to take a whole suit case dedicated to my bows and bracelets! :)
I looked at an album on facebook from when the group went last year. There were lots of little girls, and they all had big hair bows in their hair! I was so excited to see that! They were all so cute. 
I have had a lot of fun taking pictures of the bows! Here are some new pictures! 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment