Sunday, January 30, 2011

Smile for Haiti

Hello good people,
In April I am planning to go to Haiti on a mission trip. As you probably know, it gets kind of expensive going out of the country. Since I am only a lifeguard, my funds are pretty low. So, I am turning to my photography skills to bring in some money! All profits from photoshoots from now until april will go straight to my Haiti fund! So, you will get beautiful pictures and you will also be donating to a good cause! :o)
I really and truly feel that my purpose is in missions. It hurts me so bad to see all of the hurt in the world. You should fix things that cause you pain, right? So that is what I should do. The past few years I have found myself asking God "WHY do you let this stuff happen, why are kids dyeing from preventable diseases, why are people starving?" I cannot believe I had the nerve to say this to God. Recently, I had a reality check. I realized God was saying 'Why are you letting this happen in the world?' It was a huge blow. But, it is the reality. We sit here in our comfortable homes, and talk about how horrible the world is. Well, lets get out and help where we can. We may not can change the whole world, but if we can even help a few people it will be great.
I am super excited for everything!
love--

No comments:

Post a Comment