Thursday, March 3, 2011

Many are the plans in a man's heart..

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails." Proverbs 19: 21

Last night at church, we talked about how we get caught up in making plans for our life. We worry about where we will be in 5 or 10 years, when tomorrow is not even promised. We worry about what clothes we will wear or what car we will drive. Doesn't God tell us not to worry about these things? So why do we do it? I know I could say the overused phrase "we are human, we can't be perfect.. blah blah". But, if we follow Christ, aren't we supposed to thrive to be like Him? Are we not supposed to live humbly and help others? Yes, we are human and we are not perfect, but we should do everything we can to live the way Christ said to live. I mean, Jesus was the best and smartest man to ever live, who wouldn't want to be like Him? Well, back to what I was saying. We get caught up in making plans for our futures. I have tried to cut that out of my life. Sure, I talk about plans that I would like to see happen with my future in missions or whatnot. But, I hear people all the time talking about what car they are going to have, where they will live, how much money they will make.. It is exhausting to listen to that! What happens if none of that happens to you? You will be let down! That is why you should just live right now. Live today. Love the people in front of you today. Do not worry or talk about what is to come in the future, because you cannot determine that. I can tell you first hand. I went to college with my future planned out. I was going to be in the best sorority, marry a doctor and live happily ever after. I am not joking when I say that. That was seriously my plan. If you know me now, you would think that is crazy that I once thought that. I am not like that anymore because I gave all of my life and trust to God. It is so freeing when you do that. I worry much less, and I focus more on what is right in front of me. I live for right now. My little piece of advice is 'stop planning your future'. It does not matter what car you will have or where you will live. If you let God determine your future, you will have something much better than you ever planned. I promise. Perfect love does not fear or worry. Love God wholly and without fear. He makes everything perfect with time. 
It takes a lot of time to reform you life and trust in God with all that you have. Believe me, it has been a long journey. The first step is to tell God to take away your worries and replace them with peace. Tell God that you trust Him with your future. Eventually, you stop planning your future. How boring would your life be if you knew your future already? What fun is that, there would be no surprise! 
It is just so exhausting listening to people talk and plan their futures. I used to do it too, it is tiring thinking about how I used to be. 

I was reading in Jeremiah about the potters wheel. It makes so much sense. Just give your life over to God, and He will make this beautiful life for you. He has so many great plans for you, you just have no idea. He will take you places that you never in a million years imagined you would go!

I know this post is pretty rambly (not sure if that is a word, but I like it) and odd, but deal with it. It is 6 a.m. It is the best I can do! :)

Here are some pictures from my 'Bows for Haiti' journey!

 All of my fabric!! ahh!



love--

No comments:

Post a Comment