Thursday, March 10, 2011

rollercoaster

My life has been one giant roller coaster ride this week. It started out good and bad. I had my yard sale on Saturday, and I raised a lot of money for my mission trip. That was such a blessing! I never expected to make as much as I did. While the yard sale was going on, I got a letter from the Medical College of Georgia. I was kind of hesitant to open it, it was the first admission letter I was receiving. I opened it, and it said I was chosen as an alternate. An alternate. That was a big slap in the face. I thought I had a good chance of getting in. I didn't really care at the moment, I was busy with my yard sale. But, Sunday night at about 11:00 p.m it hit me. I started crying, and I thought it was the end of the world. I do not know what pushed me over the edge. Maybe the thought of being stuck in this town another year, or even worse, the rest of my life. No offense to anyone who lives here, I guess it just isn't my style. I had been joking with my boss about how I was going to be a lifeguard there the rest of my life. Sunday night I could envision that happening. Olivia called me and calmed me down. I really needed to be calmed down. I was gasping for breath I was so upset. It is so weird, I never get that upset. Thank goodness for good friends like that, I might have cried the whole night. She finally got me calmed down enough to fall asleep. I read the bible before I went to bed, and I told God that if His will wasn't for me to go to nursing school, then that was fine. I just prayed that He would make it obvious to me what He wanted. I got up the next morning, I still felt a little sad. It is just a huge let down to wait 6 months to get the letter, and when you do.. you're an alternate. I woke up a little early so I could drink some coffee before heading to school. I started thinking about how I was slowly, but surely, failing at life. So, before I got too upset.. I got out the bible and spent a good 30 minutes just praying. I read some of the bible also. I thought I had only prayed a few minutes, and when I looked at the clock, it had been 30 minutes. It was very odd, but cool. After that, I felt a peaceful feeling come over me. I knew that God would show me the way. 
I got ready for school, and went by the Church to visit my mom for a minute. She told me to go check the p.o box because she wouldn't have a chance to check it. When I opened the p.o box, I saw it. The letter from the office of admission of Piedmont College. My heart stopped. This was my last option. I hadn't applied anywhere else, so if I was going to nursing school, then this was it. I had an interview there a few weeks ago, so I thought I had a pretty good chance of getting in. But, I still wasn't sure. Piedmont had 60 spots available at the Demorest campus, and 25 spots in Athens. This fall will be the very first nursing class at the Athens campus. The secretary said that out of over 250 applicants, they all wanted Athens. She said, the only fair way they could do it was to choose the top 25 based on their gpa and TEAS test scores. I figured I did not have a chance in the world at getting in the Athens campus. So, you can imagine my surprise when I opened the letter telling me that I was accepted to the fall 2011 nursing class, Athens campus! It took me a second to open the letter. I called my mom, because I literally could not open it. I finally did, and when I read it, I jumped and screamed. I was so excited. God had sent me this at the perfect time. It shows how trusting God with your future will work perfectly every time. God made it so perfect. So that was a great day for me. 
The rest of the week has been a little off though. Tuesday was pretty perfect. Olivia took me out to lunch to celebrate. We went to my favorite restaurant, Amici's. It was such a beautiful day, so I took my dog Allie and we sat outside. It was such a beautiful day, and it was so warm. After we stuffed ourselves there, we went to Ella's to get gelato. Ooohhh it was so good. Ella's is the best. Ever. The owner seriously let us try every single flavor. I chose 'Go Dawgs'. It was red velvet cake flavored, with pieces of dark chocolate in it. It was heaven! On the way home my car made this funny noise and kind of did this jumpy thing. Olivia suggested that I get my transmission checked out. I brushed it off and told her it was probably nothing. 
When I pulled into the school parking lot yesterday, a message came up saying that my engine coolant was hot. I mean, who knows what engine coolant is? I sure don't. But, I don't know really anything about cars. I called my mom, and she called the car care place. They told me to just watch the gauge and if it got too hot, then they would tow me. When I left to go home, my gauge shot up to about 245. So, I pulled over and waited about an hour and a half for a tow truck. In the rain. I was parked at a gas station, so I decided to go in and get something to drink. While I was waiting in line, the tow truck pulled up, so I told the cashier that I would be right back to pay. When I came back in, he said 'You don't owe anything, the man that was behind you paid for it, he said you were too beautiful to have your car broken down'. How sweet. Even though I was in a bad situation, that brightened up things a bit. It is nice to know that there are still such nice people out there. And, the tow truck man was very nice and talkative. He was actually good friends with my dad. I was so worried that the ride back would be awkward, but it wasn't at all. When I finally got back to Madison around 6:30, my mom picked me up from the shop. We had to skip church. I was disappointed because I really was looking forward to last night. Last night, my throat started to hurt. By the time I went to sleep, it was hurting pretty bad. It kept me up pretty much all night. When I woke up this morning at 5, I had no voice and I could barely breath. Coffee helped a little bit, but it hurts so bad. I am going to the doctor after lunch. I feel like I always get strep throat right around finals time. It never fails! I guess being stressed doesn't help. 

Wow, I feel like I have written and play by play of my week. But, it has just been one of those weeks. I wanted to write out everything, so later in life I can remember this week. I actually print these posts out and glue them in my journal. I used to write in it, but the pain in my arm hurts too much to write a lot. I like to write a lot, so I just started typing up everything. 

'til next time--

No comments:

Post a Comment